How to cook German Theater Salad
- 1 cup salted herring fillets
- 1 cup cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- French Dressing
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons pimento paste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook salt herring for 15 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain, cool and flake.
- Mix well with diced potatoes and chopped egg.
- Cover with dressing and let soak for an hour.
- Whip cream and fold in pimento.
- Mix with mayonnaise.
- Pour over salad and serve on nests of lettuce.
The German Theater Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Theatersalat
This recipe for German Theater Salad serves/makes: 4
The German Theater Salad (Theatersalat) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad