How to cook German Trouts with Herbs
- 4 cleaned whole rainbow trouts (about 1/2 pound each)
- 3 1/2 ounces butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste Herbs:
- Basil Creamy Lemon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Lemon juice to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Saute diced onion, garlic and herbs in hot butter.
- Salt trouts inside the cavity and all over the skin, add to the herb mixture.
- Pour in white wine, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove trouts to serving platter and keep warm.
- Prepare the creamy lemon sauce by adding lemon juice and pepper to taste and stirring in whipping cream.
- Pour the sauce over the simmered trouts and serve.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley, if desired.
The German Trouts with Herbs dish is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for German Trouts with Herbs serves/makes: 4
The German Trouts with Herbs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered