How to cook Ghanaian Stewed Fish (Nsonlo Sutulu)
- 4 perch fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- Mix salt with flour and rub onto the perch fillets.
- Saute the perch fillets in oil until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onion in same pan for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, red pepper and broth. Bring to simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Return the sauteed perch to the sauce and bring back to a serving temperature.
- Serve the sauteed perch topped with sauce, sprinkled with mint.
The African Stewed Fish (Nsonlo Sutulu) is an affordable dish from Ghana. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Ghanaian Stewed Fish (Nsonlo Sutulu) serves/makes: 4
The Ghanaian Stewed Fish (Nsonlo Sutulu) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed