How to cook Ginataang Tambakol (Tuna in Coconut Milk)
- 1 pound Tambakol (Tuna), cut into serving size
- 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 pieces red chili
- 1 bunch sio pek chye
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- Pour the cooking oil in a casserole. Saute the ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Add the fish and water. Cover. Let it simmer.
- Add fish sauce, pepper, and salt to taste. Simmer.
- Add red chili. Pour in the coconut milk. Stir. Simmer.
- Add the pek chye. Cover for few seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve the Ginataang Tambakol hot with freshly steamed plain rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
The Ginataang Tambakol (Tuna in Coconut Milk) - great tasting food, easy to cook and a healthy one too.
This recipe for Ginataang Tambakol (Tuna in Coconut Milk) serves/makes: 4 servings
The Ginataang Tambakol (Tuna in Coconut Milk) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew