How to cook Ginataang na Halaan (Clam Soup)
- 2 pounds clams
- 1 thumb size root ginger, sliced into strips
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon salt water
- Wash the clams then place in a pot with water and cover; set aside.
- Gently tap with spoon the narrow end of the shellfish to get and loosen the meat.
- Once loosen place the shellfish on a pot and pour the coconut milk. Simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes on a moderate heat.
- Add salt, ginger and coconut cream. Allow to simmer for minutes more without stirring.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve the Suam na Halaan (Clam Soup) hot with steamed white rice.
The Filipino Ginataang na Halaan (Clam Soup) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Ginataang na Halaan (Clam Soup) serves/makes: 4 servings
The Filipino Ginataang na Halaan (Clam Soup) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew