How to cook Ginisang Sardinas at Miswa
- 1 can (15 ounces) or 3 cans (5.5 ounces each) Sardines in Tomato Sauce (Ligo brand if available)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon patis (Filipino fish sauce)
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces miswa noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and saute until limp.
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook until slightly softened.
- Add fish sauce and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 minutes.
- Add sardines. Pour in water and bring to a boil.
- Add miswa noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 - 5 minutes or until noodles are softened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the Ginisang Sardinas at Miswa (Sardines and Thin Flour Vermicelli Soup) hot with freshly steamed white rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Ginisang Sardinas at Miswa (Sardines and Thin Flour Vermicelli Soup) is a very simple recipe. This is very budget friendly and easy to cook. Miswa
- (also spelled mee sua) is a very thin variety of salted Chinese noodles made from wheat flour.
This soup is best enjoyed hot from the stove. If reheating, add more water and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
This recipe for Ginisang Sardinas at Miswa serves/makes: 6 servings
The Ginisang Sardinas at Miswa (Sardines and Thin Flour Vermicelli Soup) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew