4 - 6 appetizer servings
How to cook Grandma's Deviled Clams
- 20 clams, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 inner stalks celery, chopped
- 2 ounces butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cream
- 4 well-beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 cup minced chives or spring onions
- Buttered crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Melt butter in a skillet. Brown the chopped onion and celery in the butter until glazed. Add the chopped clams to the onion and simmer. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in cream, and when it comes to a boil remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks and chives or spring onions.
- Fill 4 - 6 individual ramekins or baking shells quite full. Cover with buttered crumbs and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven until brown and bubbling hot. Remove and sprinkle with paprika.
The Grandma's Deviled Clams recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Grandma's Deviled Clams serves/makes: 4 - 6 appetizer servings
The Grandma's Deviled Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Baked