How to cook Gratin Scallops
- 12 scallops (approximately 1 pound / 454 g), cut into 2 or 4 pieces
- 2 ounces (56 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) milk
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) freshly made breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 ounces (42 g) chopped parsley
- 1 or 2 tablespoons (15 or 30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, melt half of butter, covered, for 15 to 30 seconds, on 'HIGH'.
- Mix in flour slowly pour in milk.
- Microwave for 1 minute, whip and microwave for 1 minute more whip once more.
- Stir in scallop pieces season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into 4 individual dishes or shells.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM' for 5 minutes, turning dishes or shells by 1/4 every minute.
- Melt remaining half of butter for 15 to 30 seconds on 'HIGH' mix in breadcrumbs, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle scallop mixture with breadcrumbs mixture.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on 'HIGH'.
- Leave to rest for 1 minute and serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 1 minute
Gratin - A dish that is topped with cheese or breadcrumbs and grilled until golden and crispy. French - au Gratin.
This recipe for Gratin Scallops serves/makes: 4
The Gratin Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Microwave