How to cook Greek Baked Sardines with Tomatoes
- 8 large fresh sardines (about 1 pound total weight)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into circles
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the fish head.
- Using scissors or a knife, cut along the belly from head to tail and remove the entrails.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water.
- Lift the backbone away from the flesh.
- Pull the bone gently away from the flesh.
- At its tail cut off with scissors.
- If possible, remove the small bones with some tweezers. Spread the fish so that it becomes flat.
- On a baking tray lay tomato slices, two for each fish. Place the sardines on top of the tomatoes, skin side up.
- Mix olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley and oregano.
- With spoon gently spread the mixture on the back of sardines.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until completely ready.
- Serve the Greek Baked Sardines with Tomatoes hot.
The Greek Baked Sardines with Tomatoes
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This dish is a traditional Greek cuisine.
This recipe for Greek Baked Sardines with Tomatoes serves/makes: 4 servings
The Greek Baked Sardines with Tomatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Baked