How to cook Greek Fish Plaki
- 2 pounds whitefish fillets
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole lemon, sliced thin
- Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and oregano, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Finally, add the red wine and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Grease a large casserole or baking dish with a bit of olive oil.
- Place the whitefish in the bottom of the pan, and add salt and pepper.
- Cover the fish with lemon slices.
- Top the fish with the cooked sauce, and cover.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 45 minutes.
Fish pilaki is a popular recipe. In Greek cuisine, this style is known as plaki. The Greek Fish Plaki recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Greek Fish Plaki serves/makes: 6
The Greek Fish Plaki recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Baked