How to cook Greek Olive and Herring Salad
- 1 can (5 1/2 ounces) matjes herring fillets , bite size
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thinly and separated into rings
- 1/4 pound Greek olives (maslines)
- 1 small head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 3 tomatoes, diced or cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or lemon juice to taste
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar, optional
- Combine matjes herring, onion slices, Greek olives, shredded cabbage, green pepper rings and diced tomatoes.
- Toss with olive oil, wine vinegar or lemon juice.
- Season with salt, pepper and powdered sugar (if used) .
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator for several hours. Toss a few times while marinating.
The Greek Olive and Herring Salad recipe is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
This recipe for Greek Olive and Herring Salad serves/makes: 6
Recipes from the celebrities: the Greek Olive and Herring Salad recipe adopted from Bill Dana.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad