4 - 6 servings as an appetizer
How to cook Greek Shrimp Bruschetta
- 1 pound raw 36-40 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 baguette, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained, or 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray baguette slices with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring frequently. Transfer shrimp to large bowl.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet; cook 1 minute. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, olives, capers, red pepper flakes and black pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over shrimp. Add feta, mint, and parsley; stir to combine.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
The Greek Shrimp Bruschetta
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This Shrimp Bruschetta
is kind of like a Greek salad mixed up with shrimp scampi, served on toast. I love how it hits many flavors at the same time – it’s nice and salty from the olives and capers, and it’s spicy from the red pepper flakes. It’s sort of sweet from the tomatoes, and it’s acidic from the lemon juice and wine. It has a bit of creaminess from the feta, and there’s a nice touch of herbiness from the parsley and mint. It comes together in less than 20 minutes, and it’s perfect as part of a light dinner. It’s also a great party bite.
This recipe for Greek Shrimp Bruschetta serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings as an appetizer
The Greek Shrimp Bruschetta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Appetizer