4 - 6
How to cook Greek Squid in Wine Sauce
- 2 pounds (900 g) squid (calamari)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the tomatoes in cubes.
- Clean squid and remove all intestines from the head bag.
- Pour salt over squid and rub them with your bare hands. Wash squid and drain all water.
- Saute the squids in a frying pan. Pour in white wine and the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Add pepper ands some chopped parsley and stir. Cover pan and cook over a medium heat until squid are soft. (About 35 minutes)
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) if required.
The Greek Squid in Wine Sauce (Kalamaria Krasata) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
The Greek Squid in Wine Sauce can be served cold or hot. Goes well with steamed rice.
This recipe for Greek Squid in Wine Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Greek Squid in Wine Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed