How to cook Green Pepper Turbot
- 3 (approximately 1/2 pound / 227 g) turbot fillets
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) green peppercorns
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) country-style (15%) cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Butter the bottom of a large fry pan arrange turbot fillets.
- Salt fillets sprinkle with half of green peppercorns.
- Pour in dry white wine and lemon juice sprinkle with minced shallots.
- Bring to a boil simmer fillets for approximately 2 minutes onto each side, until no longer shiny inside.
- Remove fillets from fry pan and arrange onto a serving plate reserve, hot.
- Over medium-high heat, reduce cooking juices.
- Mix together egg yolk and cream.
- Mix remaining green pepper into cooking juices stir in egg yolk/cream mixture, until well blended.
- Serve fish fillets coated with sauce, sprinkled with freshly chopped Italian parsley.
Green pepper is sold into jars or cans, at your supermarket, along with imported products.
If desired, add delicate sweet tasting pink pepper, instead of green pepper.
This recipe for Green Pepper Turbot serves/makes: 3
The Green Pepper Turbot recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered