3 - 4 servings
How to cook Grilled Arctic Char with Pineapple Salsa
- For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 onion, sliced and chopped
- 2 cups pineapple, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Grilled Arctic Char:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12 ounces arctic char fillet
- Preheat a grill to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the onion with the olive oil, and spread on a grill pan.
- Place the onion on the grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from grill when the onion has started to brown.
- NOTE: If you don't have a grill pan for the onions, you could grill larger onion slices and chop them after grilling. You could also simply use 1/4 cup raw diced onions.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, onion, jalapeno pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste, stir and set aside while you grill the fish.
- Combine the orange juice and soy sauce in a large bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry the arctic char and place it in the bowl with the OJ and soy sauce mixture.
- Turn to coat both sides of the fillet.
- Bring the grill heat back to 400°F (200°C). Gently shake excess marinade from the char, then place it on the grill skin side down.
- Grill the char, covered, for 3 minutes. Carefully turn the char over, and grill skin side up for 3 more minutes. Remove the cooked char to a platter.
- Portion the arctic char, and serve topped with a generous serving of the pineapple salsa.
- I served my Grilled Arctic Char with kale pesto orzo as a side dish.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 26 mins
The Grilled Arctic Char with Pineapple Salsa recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
Arctic Char grills quickly and topped with a flavorful pineapple salsa for an easy and healthy main course.
This recipe for Grilled Arctic Char with Pineapple Salsa serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Grilled Arctic Char with Pineapple Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled