8 - 10
How to cook Grilled Bacon Wrapped Whole Bluefish
- 1 (5 to 8 pounds) whole bluefish, cleaned
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, stems trimmed
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Season the whole bluefish inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity with onions, parsley, and thyme.
- Wrap overlapping slices of bacon around center of fish (not head or tail).
- Slide the whole bluefish onto cookie sheet, then transfer a heated barbecue grill (the charcoal should be glowing red, with white ash and no flames).
- Cover and grill fish, without turning, until it is cooked through and bacon is golden, about 30 minutes.
This recipe for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Whole Bluefish serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Grilled Bacon Wrapped Whole Bluefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled