How to cook Grilled Bluefish with Pepper and Eggplant
- 4 bluefish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 eggplant, trimmed and cut into 1/2 slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Mint, minced
- 1 large red Bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- Combine olive oil, mint and garlic
- Brush on eggplant slices and bell pepper.
- Grill until tender (6-8 minutes), turning a few times.
- Set aside to cool.
- Brush oil mixture over bluefish fillets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until just opaque through (8-12 minutes), turning bluefish fillets once.
- Meanwhile, cut eggplant and bell pepper into strips and put in bowl.
- Drizzle remaining oil mixture over.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Arrange the Grilled Bluefish on plates, spoon eggplant salad alongside and serve.
Bluefish is a fatty, fine-textured fish, ranging from white to silver in color. Remove the dark, oily strip that runs down its center before cooking to avoid a fishy taste.
This recipe for Grilled Bluefish with Pepper and Eggplant serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Bluefish with Pepper and Eggplant recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled