How to cook Grilled Catfish Mexicana
- 4 catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick), skin removed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green, yellow or red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh snipped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons taco sauce or salsa (optional)
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine milk and cumin in large, plastic, zip top food-storage bag. Add fillets, turning to coat. Seal bag. Chill 1 hour.
- In 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in onion, pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered for 1-2 minutes, or until pepper is tender-crisp. Set aside.
- Drain milk mixture from fillets; discard.
- Cut four 14 x 12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place 1 fillet on each sheet of foil. Top each fillet with one-fourth vegetable mixture and 1 teaspoon taco sauce.
- Fold long sides of foil together in locked folds. Fold and crimp short ends; seal tightly.
- Place foil packs on grill grate. Grill, covered for 11-17 minutes, or until fish is firm and opaque.
- Garnish the Grilled Catfish Mexicana with lemon and lime wedges and serve hot.
The Grilled Catfish Mexicana recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Grilled Catfish Mexicana serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Catfish Mexicana recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Preparing Fish & Wild Game.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled