How to cook Grilled Catfish with Mango Salsa
- 4 catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mango Salsa (see the recipe below)
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- Heat grill.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry. Brush each with 1/2 teaspoon oil. In large mixing bowl, combine garlic salt, pepper and cayenne; mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of mixture on rounded side of fillet.
- Grill over hot coals, rounded side down 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and grill an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve the Grilled Catfish hot with Mango Salsa.
How to cook Mango Salsa
- 1 cup peeled, diced, mango
- 1 cup peeled, diced, papaya
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced red Jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In large mixing bowl, combine mango, papaya, scallions, pepper, juice and honey; mix well.
- Let sit at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
The Grilled Catfish with Mango Salsa recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Grilled Catfish with Mango Salsa serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Catfish with Mango Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled