How to cook Grilled Catfish with Wild Salad Greens
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 cups wild salad greens such as arugula, chicory, escarole, mustard and radicchio, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Slice catfish fillets into 1 inch thick strips and place in shallow dish with mushrooms.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, shallot, salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake to blend.
- Pour two thirds of dressing over catfish and mushrooms and marinate for 1/2 hour, refrigerated.
- Grill catfish with mushrooms for 2-3 minutes per side until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cool to room temperature or chill.
- Toss greens with remaining dressing. Top with grilled catfish.
- May be served chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe for Grilled Catfish with Wild Salad Greens serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Catfish with Wild Salad Greens recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled