How to cook Grilled Halibut Tacos with Peach Salsa
- 1 pound halibut fillets
- 8 corn or flour tortillas (whatever floats your boat)
- For the Marinade:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- For the Peach Salsa:
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the halibut marinade. Place halibut fillets in a large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the fillets, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- While your halibut is marinating, get started on the peach salsa. First, you’ll need to peel your peaches. To do this, fill a medium pot with water and bring it to a boil. Cut an “x” in the bottom of your peaches and add them to the boiling water for one minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peaches from the boiling water directly into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Carefully peel the peaches using your fingers or a paring knife. Dice the peeled peaches into small cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced peaches, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Refrigerate your salsa for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to really mingle.
- Now it’s time to grill the halibut. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray and add your halibut fillets. Cook the fillets for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until opaque throughout. Remove your fillets from the grill and place them on a plate. Use a fork to flake the halibut into large chunks.
- Warm your tortillas. You can simply wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for about 20 seconds or you can warm them in your grill pan.
- To assemble your tacos, divide the flaked halibut among the tortillas and top with peach salsa.
The Grilled Halibut Tacos with Peach Salsa
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Grilled Halibut Tacos with Peach Salsa serves/makes: 8 tacos
The Grilled Halibut Tacos with Peach Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Sandwich