3 - 4 servings
How to cook Grilled Lapu-Lapu with Cucumber Salad
- 1 lapu-lapu (grouper) fillet, about 1 pound
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 tablespoons squeezed calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar cane or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons, cooking oil
- Cucumber Salad (see the recipe below)
Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- Prepare the marinade by combining garlic, ginger, calamansi juice, vinegar, salt, and ground pepper.
- Marinate the lapu-lapu fillet for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill but make sure that you properly cleaned and oiled its grate.
- Get the fish and drizzle with cooking oil using a basting brush.
- Grill the lapu-lapu over charcoal or electric grill. Attempt to flip the fish after 5 minutes. (If you feel some resistance, wait for a couple of minutes before attempting to flip the fish again.)
- Serve the grilled lapu-lapu hot with cucumber and steamed rice.
How to cook Cucumber Salad
- 1 piece cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, and ground black pepper until sugar is dissolve.
- Add the cucumber slices into the bowl and toss.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
The Grilled Lapu-Lapu
with Cucumber Salad recipe easy to cook and so good!
Lapu-Lapu fillets are oftentimes coated with breading and fried. However, fresh fish fillet on the grill is an excellent thing. I used calamansi juice to make the fillet firm before cooking.
- Before grilling you must clean and oil your grill grate to avoid fish sticking much on it.
- Use wide and thin spatula to flip your fish fillet.
This recipe for Grilled Lapu-Lapu with Cucumber Salad serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Grilled Lapu-Lapu with Cucumber Salad recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled