How to cook Grilled Mahi-Mahi in Shallot-Ginger Glaze
- 4 mahi-mahi fillets (6 ounces each )
- 4 quarter-size slices fresh peeled ginger
- 6 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, mince shallots, ginger and garlic.
- Preheat grill or broiler, spray a grilling basket or broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush Mahi Mahi fillets with half the ginger-shallot mixture. Grill or broil Mahi Mahi fillets 4-5 inches from heat, turning once, about 6 minutes or until flaky.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add shallot-ginger mixture and cook, stirring until just golden, 8-10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a small bowl, blend together chicken broth and cornstarch.
- Return skillet with the remaining ginger-shallot mixture to medium heat and stir in wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, add cornstarch mixture and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until thickened and slightly glossy.
- Transfer the grilled mahi-mahi fillets to plates and drizzle shallot-ginger glaze over them.
If desired, use King fish, Redfish or any other beefy fish, instead of mahi-mahi
This recipe for Grilled Mahi-Mahi in Shallot-Ginger Glaze serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Mahi-Mahi in Shallot-Ginger Glaze recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled