4 - 6 servings
How to cook Grilled Marinated Abalone
- 12 (1 3/4 inch) abalone in shells
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake (Japanese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Bring charcoal to red hot stage in outdoor grill.
- Mix soy sauce, sake, oil and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Remove abalone meat from shells by running a thin-bladed knife around the inside edge of shell to shuck out meat; discard visceral parts without trimming off dark edges. Reserve shells.
- Place abalones in marinade; marinate 10 minutes. Return marinated abalone to shells. Reserve marinade.
- Place filled shells, shell side down, on oiled grill and grill 1 minute. (Shell will act as a receptacle for juices). With tongs, carefully turn meat over in the shells and grill 30 seconds longer until meat is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat reserved marinade until boiling and use as a dipping sauce. Immediately serve abalone in their own shells.
The Grilled Marinated Abalone recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Grilled Marinated Abalone serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Grilled Marinated Abalone recipe is adopted from The Pacific Mariculture.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled