How to cook Grilled Plaice with Bell Pepper
- 3 whole small plaice (flounder), about 1/2 pound each
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 black peppercorns
- Fresh leaves of 1 rosemary sprig
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Scored a dark skin of plaice. Cut the head and guts at once and then cut off tail and fins around the fish. (It is very convenient to do it with a kitchen scissors.)
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a mortar, pound the rosemary leaves, peppercorns, garlic, and olive oil into a paste.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat.
- Rub the fish with the spicy paste and grill on both sides until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Then grease the same pan with olive oil and lightly grill bell pepper strips on both sides.
- Serve the grilled plaice with the bell pepper strips.
- Bon appetit!
The Grilled Plaice
with Bell Pepper is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Grilled Plaice with Bell Pepper serves/makes: 3 servings
The Grilled Plaice with Bell Pepper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled