How to cook Grilled Red Snapper with Ginger and Soy
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup light soy
- 8 sprigs chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush red snapper fillets with 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil. Spread sesame seeds on a flat surface, and press each side of the red snapper fillets into them. Grill approximately 3 minutes per side on hot open grill, just until flaky white. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Place onions in oil, and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Finish with soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the grilled red snapper fillets on serving plates, and pour 1/4 of the sauce over each fillet. Garnish with chives.
- Serve with baked greens of choice (spinach, chard, kale, etc.) and white rice.
This recipe for Grilled Red Snapper with Ginger and Soy serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Red Snapper with Ginger and Soy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled