How to cook Grilled Scallops with Pear-Ginger Coulis
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 medium-size firm-ripe pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 2-quart pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned (3 to 5 minutes).
- Add ginger, pears, and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are tender when pierced (12 to 15 minutes).
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender whirl until smoothly pureed. Return to pan and keep warm over lowest heat.
- Meanwhile, cut scallops in half horizontally, if necessary, to make 1/2-inch-thick discs. Lightly mix scallops and remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Saute lightly for 5-7 minutes until scallops are opaque in center.
This recipe for Grilled Scallops with Pear-Ginger Coulis serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Scallops with Pear-Ginger Coulis recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed