How to cook Grilled Shark Margarita
- 8 shark steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup canola or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In large bowl, combine lime juice, rind, garlic, ginger, oil, pepper and honey. Add shark steaks, stirring to coat well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for about an hour turning shark occasionally.
- Drain shark, reserving marinade. Grill shark steaks over medium hot coals, brushing with marinade, about 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork when tested.
- Discard any leftover marinade.
For a better taste put the shark fillets or steaks in milk or buttermilk and soak overnight. That will draw out any unpleasantness.
This recipe for Grilled Shark Margarita serves/makes: 8
The Grilled Shark Margarita recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled