How to cook Grilled St. Croix Pike
- 4 fresh or frozen, thawed pike fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Pepper medley or cracked peppercorns
- 1 stick butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, or light your charcoal and let it burn down to hot, glowing coals. Grease grill grid with nonstick cooking spray or small amount of olive oil. Coat each side of fish liberally with pepper medley or cracked peppercorns. Sprinkle pepper and work it in, or roll the fish in the pepper.
- Melt butter on low-medium heat in small skillet. Add minced garlic; sauté for minute or so. Don’t let butter smoke, or brown garlic too much! Squeeze in juice from lemon quarters. Warm up this baste.
- Place pike on grill; cook for 5 minutes, brushing regularly with baste. Don’t remove the pepper! Flip fish; grill for 2 minutes more, using remaining baste. Adjust cooking times according to fillet thickness; don’t overcook! Serve the Grilled St. Croix Pike hot.
The Grilled St. Croix Pike recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Grilled St. Croix Pike serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled St. Croix Pike recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled