How to cook Grilled Swordfish Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- About 30 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Light the grill or heat the broiler.
- Thread the fish cubes alternately with the bay leaves onto four large skewers.
- Put the kabobs on a plate and brush them all over with 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- On a large plate, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Holding the kabobs over the plate, pat the crumbs onto the exposed sides of the fish.
- Drizzle with the oil left on the first plate and sprinkle with any crumbs that didn't stick.
- Grill the kabobs over low to moderately low heat or broil them, brushing with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, until the bread crumbs are golden and the fish is just done, 8 to 10 minutes.
Swordfish, which really is flavorful, can easily be found in fish markets.
It can be replaced with fresh tuna
Be sure to keep the heat of the grill at low to moderately low so the crumbs don't burn.
This recipe for Grilled Swordfish Kabobs serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Swordfish Kabobs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled