How to cook Grilled Swordfish Stuffed with Pepper Jack
- 4 swordfish steaks (about 8 ounces each), 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves only, plus 4 whole sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Herb Sauce (recipe follows)
Herb Sauce Ingredients:
- Rinse the swordfish steaks and pat dry. Cut a horizontal slit in the side of each steak to form a pocket.
- Stuff each steak with 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the cilantro leaves. Secure the openings with toothpicks. Rub with oil on all sides and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed swordfish steaks on preheated grill, cover and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. When done, the flesh of the fish should be opaque but not dry; it should flake when the tip of a knife is ed and the cheese should be soft and beginning to melt.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the Herb Sauce onto each steak, spreading it out, cover, and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the grilled swordfish to a serving platter. Garnish with the sprigs of cilantro and pass the remaining Herb Sauce in a bowl on the side to serve.
How to cook Herb Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, finely chop the garlic and herbs.
- Add the lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, and salt to blend.
- With the motor still running, drizzle the oil through the feed tube and process until thickened and emulsified.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Set aside.
- Refrigerate if the sauce will not be served within and hour or so. Bring to room temperature before serving.
The Grilled Swordfish Stuffed with Pepper Jack recipe easy to cook and so good! The swordfish in this dish is served with a zesty herb sauce that goes with everything from the fish to chicken and beef. Mixed with olive oil and vinegar, it makes a flavorful salad dressing.
Pepper Jack Cheese
is a derivative of Monterey Jack that includes spicy hot peppers for flavor. Spicy, delicate and buttery, pepper jack cheese is semi-soft and open textured with a slightly tart flavor.
A variation of pepper jack cheese involves using specific peppers. The most common varieties of this specific Pepper Jack Cheese
are jalapeno jack and habanero jack, but other varieties are available.
This recipe for Grilled Swordfish Stuffed with Pepper Jack serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Swordfish Stuffed with Pepper Jack recipe is adopted from The cheese lover's cookbook and guide.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled