How to cook Grilled Swordfish with Garlic Soy Marinade
- 1 swordfish steak, 10 to 12 ounces, about 1.25 inches thick
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, preferably lower sodium
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Generous pinch ground ginger
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl: soy sauce, garlic clove, olive oil, brown rice vinegar, honey, and ginger.
- Gently toss the swordfish with the soy garlic mixture so that it well-coated, and let the fish rest in the marinade for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the swordfish from the marinade, scraping the larger bits of garlic off–leaving a bit on is good, though. Reserve the marinade. Place the swordfish on the grill on direct, medium-high heat, and cover.
- Grill for 6 minutes, then flip it to the other side. Brush some of the reserved marinade to coat the cooked side of the fish. Grill for another 6 minutes. This timing was perfect for our swordfish but check for doneness as cooking time will vary based on the heat of your grill and size of the swordfish. Don’t overcook the fish - it should be cooked through but still nice and moist.
- When cooked to your liking, remove the swordfish from the grill and place on a platter to rest for a few minutes. Cut into serving portions, plate and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 17 mins
Simple Grilled Swordfish with Garlic Soy Marinade makes an easy and tasty supper.
This recipe for Grilled Swordfish with Garlic Soy Marinade serves/makes: 3 servings
The Grilled Swordfish with Garlic Soy Marinade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled