1 whole tilapia fish for each person
How to cook Grilled Tilapia
- 1 whole tilapia fish for each person
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet green pepper or bell pepper
- Red pepper flakes and/or cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Squeeze the lemon into lemon juice.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Chop the sweet green pepper or bell pepper into fine pieces.
- Put lemon juice, onion, sweet green pepper or bell pepper, red pepper flakes and/or cayenne pepper, salt, vegetable oil and vinegar in a glass bowl. Stir carefully until all the ingredients have become well mixed with each other.
- Cut 3 slits across each whole Tilapia fish on both sides.
- Rub the mix onto the tilapia fishes and make sure a lot of mix enters the tilapia via the slits. If you have time, you can put the tilapia into the glass bawl and allow it to marinate, 30-60 minutes is usually enough. (If you use cleaned tilapia or tilapiafillets you give them the same treatment as you would give whole fish, but you don’t have to cut slits in tilapia fillets.)
- Grill the tilapia over a charcoal fire or broil it in the oven.
- The tilapia needs to be turned over one or two times during the grilling.
You can also use cleaned tilapia or tilapia fillets that weigh 1-2 pounds.
If you want to prepare grilled tilapia, a charcoal grill is always the best choice. If you have no charcoal grill, you can use the oven broiler to make grilled tilapia.
This recipe for Grilled Tilapia serves/makes: 1 whole tilapia fish for each person
The Grilled Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled