How to cook Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa
- 2 boneless, skinless tilapia fillets (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes), divided
- 3/4 cup peeled, diced ripe mango
- 1/3 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (plus more for seasoning fish)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus more for seasoning fish)
- Preheat indoor grill or grill pan, greased with cooking spray/oil.
- In the meantime, rinse tilapia fillets , add the fish to a shallow bowl and cover with all of the coconut milk EXCEPT 2 tablespoons (reserve for the salsa!), and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- While the fish is marinating, prepare the salsa by combining the remaining ingredients (plus the 2 tablespoons of reserved coconut milk) in a separate bowl.
- Once the fish is ready, season with salt and pepper and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side (check if done by using a knife to "flake" the fish fillet - should cut very easily).
- Serve the grilled tilapia over couscous topped with mango salsa.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 28 mins
The Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa serves/makes: 2 servings
The Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled