How to cook Grilled Trout With Lemon Onion Butter
- 4 whole cutthroat trout or perch, cleaned and gutted
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- Juice and grated peel of 1/2 small lemon
- 2 scallions (including tops), thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- To prevent fish from breaking up, it is best to cook them in a greased wire basket made for grilling fish.
- Sprinkle the inside cavity of the fish with garlic powder. Rub or brush the cavity and skin with vegetable oil.
- Place in the greased wire basket and grill about 6 inches from coals for 7 minutes on each side. If not using a basket, cover head and tail of fish with foil. (This prevents drying out and makes them easier to turn.)
- Place directly on the greased grill. Use a greased spatula for turning.
- Prepare the lemon onion butter by stirring the butter with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, peel, scallions and seasonings. Serve along with the grilled fish.
The Grilled Trout With Lemon Onion Butter recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Grilled Trout With Lemon Onion Butter serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Trout With Lemon Onion Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled