4 - 6
How to cook Grilled Trouts or Whitings
- 4 to 6 small whole trouts or whitings
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot or 3 green onions, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cider vinegar
- Wash fish under cold running water.
- Pat dry trouts with paper toweling.
- Pour milk into a dish.
- Coat trouts with milk, then with flour and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat a microwave-safe roasting dish on 'MAXIMUM', for 7 minutes.
- Leaving the dish in the oven, add butter it will brown really fast.
- Immediately arrange trouts, side-by-side, onto roasting dish.
- Lightly press on each trout, to make sure that they really touch the dish.
- Microwave for 4 minutes, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Using a spatula, turn fish over.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes, away from heat.
- Then microwave fish for 2 minutes on 'MEDIUM'.
- Remove the grilled trouts from hot roasting dish.
- Add chopped onion and minced shallot or green onions.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Pour in white wine and cider vinegar.
- Stir well.
- Microwave for 1 minute, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Pour over fish.
- Serve the grilled trouts with steamed potatoes.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 21 minutes
For the Grilled Trouts or Whitings recipe, it is possible to replace trouts or whitings with any small fish. In Belgium, where this recipe was created, whiting is use.
To succeed well in the making of this recipe, a microwave-safe roasting dish must be used.
This recipe for Grilled Trouts or Whitings serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Grilled Trouts or Whitings recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Microwave