How to cook Grilled Tuna Belly
- 2 pounds fresh tuna belly, cut into serving-size portions
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash tuna belly under cold running water and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, chili sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Stir until well-blended.
- Add tuna and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning fish occasionally in the marinade.
- Drain tuna, reserving the liquid.
- In a sauce pot, bring marinade to a boil for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- On lightly-greased grates over hot coals, arrange tuna in a single layer.
- Grill, basting regularly with marinade, for about 3 - 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and slightly caramelized.
- Remove from heat and serve the Grilled Tuna Belly hot.
Prep time: 12 hours
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 12 hours 10 mins
The Grilled Tuna Belly is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This Grilled Tuna Belly
is another delicious dish. In this recipe, thick strips of tuna belly are marinated overnight in a sweet and spicy mixture of oyster sauce, garlic, lemon juice, chili sauce and sesame oil and then grilled to perfection over hot coals.
This recipe for Grilled Tuna Belly serves/makes: 6 servings
The Grilled Tuna Belly recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled