How to cook Grilled Tuna Belly with Garlic Pineapple Sauce
- 4 fresh tuna bellies, skinless and boneless, about 1/2 pound each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- For Garlic Pineapple Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3-4 ounces fresh pineapple, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring green garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the tuna belly under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the bellies with salt, black pepper and dry garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- To prepare the garlic pineapple sauce combine all sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator for couple hours.
- Prepare the grill but make sure that you properly cleaned and oiled its grate.
- Grill, basting regularly with marinade, for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Check from time to time. DO NOT over do, tuna belly should be juicy.)
- Remove from heat and serve the grilled tuna belly immediately with chilled garlic pineapple sauce and a side dish of your choice.
- Bon appetit!
The Grilled Tuna Belly
with Garlic Pineapple Sauce recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Grilled Tuna Belly with Garlic Pineapple Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Tuna Belly with Garlic Pineapple Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled