How to cook Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad
- 4 fresh sashimi-grade tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each), 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing (use reduced-fat, if desired)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 16 Nicoise olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Scrub potatoes. Place wet potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish; cover with wax paper. Microwave at high 3 minutes. Add beans to dish; cover. Microwave at high 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain. Rinse with cold water.
- While vegetables cook, combine the dressing and tarragon. Set aside 1/4 cup dressing mixture; brush remaining dressing mixture over fish. Grill steaks over high heat 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare (140°F / 60°C) or desired degree of doneness. (Do not overcook or fish will be tough.)
- Arrange greens on 4 serving plates. Drain potatoes and green beans; thinly slice potatoes. Arrange potatoes, green beans, egg, and olives over greens. Top each salad with a steak; sprinkle with capers. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
- Serve the Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad with warm slices of whole wheat bread on the side, if you like.
Enjoy this classic Mediterranean salad of tender grilled tuna, green beans, red or new potatoes, salad greens, Nicoise olives, and hard-boiled egg. The Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad recipe easy to cook and so good!
This grilled tuna is best when you use the best tuna, so it can be grilled rare.
Nicoise olives are smaller than the more familiar green or ripe black olives. If you can't find Nicoise, choose Kalamata olives (they're available with and without pits).
This recipe for Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled