How to cook Grilled Tuna and Red Onion Salad
- 12 ounces fresh tuna fillets, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 large red onion
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Prepare a small charcoal fire. While it is burning, prepare the onion. Peel it and cut it in half lengthwise (from root to stem). Cut each half into 8 segments. Separate the layers of each segment.
- Bring the water to a boil with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, add the onions and parboil them for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander. Transfer the onions to a bowl. While still hot, dress them with the vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Lightly oil and salt and pepper the tuna on both sides. Grill tuna to medium-rare, about 2 minutes on each side. Let it cool and break it up into chunks by hand. Season the tuna with 1/4 teaspoon salt, the lemon juice, and the remaining parsley, and let them marinate together for 1 hour. Add tuna to the red onions and serve at room temperature.
The Grilled Tuna and Red Onion Salad recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Grilled Tuna and Red Onion Salad serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Tuna and Red Onion Salad recipe is adopted from The Pasadena Star News - May 4. 2005.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Salad