How to cook Grilled Tuna with Avocado and Vinaigrette
- 4 fresh sushi-quality tuna fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ripe avocados, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 big handfuls fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For Vinaigrette: Whisk together all the ingredients with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste until combine well.
- For Tuna: Preheat an outdoor gas or charcoal grill, or heat a grill pan over moderately high heat until hot.
- Season tuna generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the tuna on the hot grill and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
- Drizzle the fish with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Transfer the grilled tuna to plates and serve with sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with some of the remaining vinaigrette and serve the rest on the side.
The Grilled Tuna with Avocado and Vinaigrette recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The tuna must be really fresh (smells like the "sea" and a good color).
This recipe for Grilled Tuna with Avocado and Vinaigrette serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Tuna with Avocado and Vinaigrette recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - June 2004.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled