How to cook Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks, (about 6 ounces each) 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 chopped green onions, including tops
- Pineapple Salsa, to serve (recipe follows)
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients:
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, and green onions. Pour over the tuna steaks in a flat pan and marinate for several hours before grilling tuna.
- When ready to cook, place the tuna steaks directly on a hot oiled grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side, turning once. Do not overcook.
- Serve the grilled tuna steaks with Pineapple Salsa on top or passed in a bowl.
How to cook Pineapple Salsa
- 1 small fresh pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 medium yellow or orange pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon finely minced Jalapeno or Serrano chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare pineapple salsa by combining all the salsa ingredients.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
The Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled