How to cook Grilled Tuna with Provencal Vegetables
- 4 albacore tuna steaks (about 5-6 ounces and 1 inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence*
- 2-3 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 zucchini, cut into half lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons (about) extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Add the garlic, Herbes de Provence, and cherry tomatoes to a mixing bowl and toss them to combine. Let this mixture set a side.
- Preheat the grill.
- Coat zucchini halves with some olive oil; season with some kosher salt and pepper.
- Put them on the grill face down, and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Flip them and grill another 5-6 minutes.
- Roughly chop the grilled zucchini and add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss.
- Next, coat the tuna steaks with some olive oil; season them with some kosher salt and pepper same way you did with the zucchini.
- Grill the tuna steaks about 4 minutes per side, for medium-rare.
- Serve topped with the zucchini-tomato mixture.
- Transfer the grilled tuna steaks on plates, top with vegetables, and serve with aioli and grilled bread.
The Grilled Tuna
with Provencal Vegetables very easy to cook and very tasty too!
* A dried herb mixture; sold in the spice section of supermarkets and at specialty foods stores. If the Herbes de Provence unavailable, a combination of dried thyme, basil, savory, and fennel seeds can be substituted.
This recipe for Grilled Tuna with Provencal Vegetables serves/makes: 4 servings
The Grilled Tuna with Provencal Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from Eduard Makarov.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled