How to cook Grilled Whitefish Fillets in Foil
- 4 fresh whitefish fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the grill. Rinse the whitefish fillets and pat them dry.
- Cut aluminum foil into four 12 x 12 inch pieces. Lightly grease the foil pieces and place a fillet of whitefish (skin down) on each one.
- Top each whitefish fillet with green pepper and onion.
- Make the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients. Pour sauce over the whitefish fillets.
- Loosely wrap each fillet individually with foil and tightly seal the edges. Place the foil packages on the grill about 5 inches away from a medium heat.
- Grill for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets). Test for doneness by flaking the fish with a fork.
This recipe for Grilled Whitefish Fillets in Foil serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Whitefish Fillets in Foil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled