How to cook Grilled Whole Arctic Char with Mash
- 4 small whole Arctic char
- 7 ounces oil
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 8 rosemary leaves
- 7 ounces flat leaved parsley
- 3 ounces dill
Potato Puree Ingredients:
- Blend the oil and herbs in a food processor until they make a smooth herb oil.
- Season with a little salt and pepper in the belly of the whole Arctic char.
- Brush the whole Arctic char with the herb oil and grill it on the barbecue or in a grill pan.
- Brush during grilling with the herb oil.
- Serve the grilled whole Arctic char with pureed potatoes and Tomato-Fennel sauce.
How to cook Potato Puree
- 2 pounds small potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
Tomato-Fennel sauce Ingredients:
- Boil peeled potatoes in unsalted water until tender, and press them through a sieve or a potato press until pureed.
- Heat milk, cream and butter in a saucepan and stir gradually into the mashed potato.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The puree is delicious served mixed with a little chives.
How to cook Tomato-Fennel sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 fennel
- 1/2 shallot
- Olive oil
- Roughly chop the vegetables and mix them with tomato puree and olive oil.
- Bake the vegetables in the oven at 350ºF for around 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- Blend the vegetables in a food processor and season with salt and pepper to taste.
can be substituted.
This recipe for Grilled Whole Arctic Char with Mash serves/makes: 4
The Grilled Whole Arctic Char with Mash recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled