1 whole tilapia fish for each person
How to cook Grilled Whole Tilapia
- 1 whole tilapia fish for each person
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet green pepper or bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Red pepper flakes and/or cayenne pepper
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Chop the sweet green pepper or bell pepper into fine pieces.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl.
- Add onion, sweet green pepper or bell pepper, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes and/or cayenne pepper and salt to the bawl.
- Stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Clean the tilapia if necessary.
- Cut three slits across the tilapia on both sides.
- Rub the mixture onto the tilapia and make sure a lot of mixture enters through the slits. If you have time, you can let the tilapia marinate in the bowl for 30-60 minutes.
- Grill the whole tilapia over a charcoal fire or broil it in the oven. Turn the tilapia over one or two times when you cook it to make it evenly grilled.
Tilapia is often cooked as fillets, but this easy to follow recipe will teach you how to make delicious whole tilapia over a charcoal fire. If you do not have a charcoal grill you can broil whole tilapia in the oven.
This recipe for Grilled Whole Tilapia serves/makes: 1 whole tilapia fish for each person
The Grilled Whole Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled