How to cook Grilled Whole Trout
- 1 whole Rainbow Trout (roughly 3/4 pound), cleaned
- 1/2 small lemon
- 1 small lime
- 5 thyme sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium. (You should be able to hold your hand 4 inches above the cooking grate for 5-6 seconds).
- Prepare the fish by sprinkling the cavity and exterior with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with lemon and lime slices and the sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Place the fish on a hot, clean grill grate. (Both hot and clean are very important here for making sure your fish doesn’t stick to the grill!)
- Cover and grill 5 minutes. When the fish is ready to flip, the skin will release easily from the grill grate.
- Flip, cover the grill and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve the Grilled Whole Trout hot with a green salad or rice.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
The Grilled Whole Trout recipe easy to cook and so good! Grilling whole fish is easier than you would think, and this Grilled Whole Trout recipe is the perfect summer meal to pair with a refreshing wine.
This recipe for Grilled Whole Trout serves/makes: 2 servings
The Grilled Whole Trout recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled