How to cook Guadeloupe Red Snapper
- 2 pounds (about 1 kg) red snapper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly minced parsley
- Juice of 1 lime or
2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Lime or lemon wedges
- Wipe fish dry with paper toweling; arrange fish into a square 8-inch (20-cm) glass or ceramic dish.
- In a bowl, melt butter or margarine for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix in mushroom slices, chopped green onions, minced parsley, lime or lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix well; evenly mixture pour over fish.
- Cover dish with waxed paper.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM' for 6 to 7 minutes, until fish is easily broken-up with a fork.
- Serve, along with lime or lemon wedges.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Guadeloupe is an archipelago located in the Leeward Islands, in the Lesser Antilles (South America). Guadeloupe is one of the twenty-six regions of France.
This recipe for Guadeloupe Red Snapper serves/makes: 4
The Guadeloupe Red Snapper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Microwave