6 - 8
How to cook Guatemalan Oysters Marinated in Lime Juice
- 4 dozen oysters, shucked
- 1 cup lime or lemon juice
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Put the oysters into a large glass or china bowl with the lime or lemon juice, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the oysters, reserving the juice. In the bowl combine the oysters with the tomatoes, onion, hot pepper, mint leaves, and 1/4 cup of the reserved juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves and pour in the oyster mixture.
The Guatemalan Oysters Marinated in Lime Juice recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Guatemalan name for this recipe is Seviche de Ostras
Ceviche (also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.
This recipe for Guatemalan Oysters Marinated in Lime Juice serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Guatemalan Oysters Marinated in Lime Juice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American