4 (1-cup / 250-mL each)
How to cook Haddock Fiesta Casserole
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen haddock fillets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 (19-ounce / 540-mL) can tomatoes
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce / 213-mL) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) potato dices
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) oregano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Partially thaw fish fillets cut fillets into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks.
- Melt together chopped onion, chopped green pepper and minced garlic into hot olive or vegetable oil.
- Mix in tomatoes, tomato sauce, potato dices, bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
- Mix in fish chunks simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until thicker fish chunks have turned opaque at the center.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
The Haddock Fiesta Casserole recipe also good with pollock
This recipe for Haddock Fiesta Casserole serves/makes: 4 (1-cup / 250-mL each)
The Haddock Fiesta Casserole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered